Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of Tuttle bungalow

CORA CADWALLADER TUTTLE BUNGALOW
4103 Monona Drive

A distinct architectural style that found it way into Blooming Grove in the early 1900's is noticed by those who look at house design - the bungalow. Designed originally in California by Charles and Henry Greene of Pasadena, the Bungalow Style was brought to Madison by Cora Cadwallader Tuttle. She built a bungalow for her family and designed a few others in Madison's Vilas Park Area. She then entered Into a real estate development plan and designed a model home to attract buyers to an area that is now part of Monona. Built in 1913-14, Monona's first bungalow is located across the drive from the Lake Edge Shopping Center. This building Is slated for more commercially viable development as an apartment complex.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society