Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of Stang-Wirth house

STANG-WIRTH HOUSE
2817 Milwaukee Street

This house was originally built between 1861 and 1873 by Frederick Stang, a Bavarian immigrant, and his family. The Stangs, like their neighbors the Sachses, earned their living as market gardeners. In 1883, the family of Jacob Wirth, a German immigrant and laborer, bought the house and significantly enlarged it using bricks from the Gerstenbrei brick yard which was located at the west corner of East Washington Ave. and North St. The home has maintained most of its historical integrity and original charm. The four segmented arched windows, the small leaded glass window and the decorative porch with spindled posts and spindled frieze add grace and character to this simple Victorian farmhouse.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society