Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of William Schultz house

WILLIAM SCHULTZ FARM
4611 Winnequah Road

The large white frame house at the corner of Winnequah Rd. and Dean Ave. was once the center of life on the 6 112 acre Schultz truck farm. The house was built in 1908 by William Schultz. The first floor consisted of a kitchen and pantry, living room, and small parlor; the second floor consisted of three bedrooms. Typical of the time, the trim throughout the house was oak. Foundations of small out-buildings are still present at the rear of the house. The garage which stands is a reproduction of one which burned in 1925.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society