Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of Spring Haven pagoda

SPRING HAVEN PAGODA - KEYES' SPRING
4200 Block of Winnequah Rd.

A graceful pagoda, built to protect the clear water that flowed from a natural spring, stands today as a reminder of the peaceful pastoral setting that was once a farm on the southeast shore of Lake Monona. The spring was so treasured by its owner, Judge E. W. Keyes, that he not only built this housing for it, but also named his farm Springhaven. The Keyes' farm was adjacent to the southern end of the Frank Allis Property. The farm was eventually divided into tracts for summer homes in the early 1900's, but the ravine in which the pagoda is located was kept as public property and is known as Stonebridge Park. In earlier years the children from Nichols School held their endof-the-year picnics there. They made their lemonade with the cool, clear spring water.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society