FARM HOMES & BARNS
In 1893 Jens and Susan Femrite purchased 100 acres of
good grazing land from Halver Halverson in the Town of Blooming Grove.
That same year they build a home that still stands at 215 Femrite
Dr. Two sons were born, Helmer and Clarence, who eventually went into
partnership forming what was then a very lucrative dairy business
known as Duck Point Guernsey Farm.
Four generations of Femrites remain on the original
land and four generations have attended Nichols School, of which two
served on the School Board. In 1930 the farm was divided by Hwy. 12-18,
but up to that time it was a productive farm and thriving dairy business.
Marsh hay was cut and sold to the city of Madison for bedding and
to the Kennedy Dairy. Milk was bottled and delivered to their own