Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of Fair Oaks Village Hall

FAIR OAKS VILLAGE HALL
175 Talmadge St.

The Village of Fair Oaks was incorporated in 1906. Its approximate boundaries, started at the northeast corner, were Milwaukee St., Starkweather Creek, the Lake Monona shoreline, Elmside Blvd., Atwood Ave. and Division St. In the years before incorporation the area had acquired an unwanted reputation for rowdyism because Town of Blooming Grove officials were not interested in regulating saloons. Incorporation gave the new village the power to oversee the issuance of liquor licenses. On March 31, 1908 the new village hall was dedicated. The first floor housed a meeting room, a small jail and the fire department.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society