Header Image for Historic Homes and Places

 

 

CIVIC

Blooming Grove Town Hall

Fair Oaks Village Hall

Hiestand School

Lowell Elementary School

Nichols School

St. Bernard's Church

Spring Haven Pagoda

FARM HOMES & BARNS

Frank Allis Farm

Nathaniel Dean Home

Femrite Farms

George Kalbfleish Farm

George Nichols Farm

Fred Schleuter Farm

William Schultz Farm

William Witte Round Barn

HOMES

Bungalowen

Chet Clarke House

Philo Dunning House

Charles Fix House

Knute Reindahl House

Simeon Mills House

Edward Riley House

John Sachs House

Otto Schroeder House

Stang-Wirth House

Alexander Smith House

Cora Cadwallader Tuttle

Bungalow

Adolph Wagner House

Walterscheit House

COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS

Eastwood Theater

Ernie's Trading Post

Schlitz Hotel

Tonyawatha Springs Hotel

INDUSTRIAL BUILDINGS

French Battery & Carbon Co.

Hoffman-Kennedy Dairy

Horse Barn

Madison-Kipp Co.

United States Sugar Co.

TRANSPORTATION

Black Bridge

Interurban Trolley

Royal Airport

Back to Index

Back to Town of Blooming Grove

Photograph of Town Hall

BLOOMING GROVE TOWN HALL
Monona Drive at Dean Avenue

In 1871 Nathaniel Dean, civic-minded Blooming Grove pioneer, donated property for a Town Hall "to be built there and maintained forever". In that year the red brick Blooming Grove Town Hall was built, and it continued to serve the community in a number of capacities for 96 years. But through the years the needs of the community had so changed that eventually the building was razed and only the community spirit was kept. Progress decreed its end in 1967, and now the building remains only in pictures and reminiscences. Not only town meetings were held in the one large room of the town hall, but also national, state and local elections, dances, and eventually church services. In addition, the Blooming Grove Grange organization used the facility in the late 1800's and for a while, the Monona police station was located there. Some residents recall that it was used as a school room around 1916-17 when Nichols School was overcrowded and Allis School had not yet been built.

Historic Blooming Grove Historical Society